How to Clean fabric Sofa – Tips from the Pros
Got dirty stain covered fabric sofa at home or in the office? We all know how expensive fabric sofas and other furniture items can be when you get good quality ones. Also, having to replace your big, heavy and expensive fabric sofa can never be convenient. Especially, when you have that couch placed on the upper floor in a house of an apartment building, replacing is all that more tough. So, how to clean fabric sofa and make it look and feel fresh as new?
Well, for starters, we can clean it up for you at your home, flat or office. You can also do it yourself when there a lot of time available and all the necessary tools and materials. Of course, cleaning big bulky fabric sofa will take loads of time and effort when you don’t have professional equipment. How to clean fabric couch and make it smell nice at the same time? Well, there are plenty of techniques to do that. Here are some professional tips on how to clean fabric sofa:
How to Clean Fabric Sofa Naturally?
Many people believe that best way to clean your fabric sofa is with natural ingredients. For a simple answer, yes, natural ingredients work to some extent in cleaning the fabric upholstery. How to clean your fabric sofa at home actually depends on how dirty it might be. The kinds of stains are on it plays a vital role in home sofa cleaning remedies.
Natural way is the best way to clean your fabric sofa if it is not covered with bad persistent stains. Materials like vinegar and baking soda can provide good fabric sofa cleaning. However, these techniques might not be able to remove that typical dirty sofa odor. These might also not be able to provide persistent dried out stain removal as well.
How to Clean a Fabric Sofa with Baking Soda?
Cleaning your fabric upholstery with baking soda is one of the easiest methods. This one is also one of the quickest needing least amount of effort if you have the right tools. Here’s how to clean fabric sofa using natural ingredients like baking soda:
- Start by sprinkling your fabric sofa upholstery with baking soda. When looking on how to clean a fabric sofa with baking soda, you need to use the soda generously. Sprinkle on all its surface area. Do not sprinkle only where there are visible stains. There are oils and stains across its entire surface. Cleaning only darker stains will leave different shades on the surface.
- Let the baking soda set in the fabric upholstery. Best thing to do is to shift the couch outdoors in the shade and let the fabric soak that soda. Leave the soda on your couch surface for more than 20 minutes. Leave it for up to an hour to completely set in when you have time.
- Next thing you need to do about how to clean fabric sofa naturally is to use a brush attachment with the vacuum. Slightly rub with the brush and let the vacuum do its job and take out all the baking soda. Baking soda breaks down oils and many other types of stains that are not too tough. It should take out most of the stains and external materials with it.
- If there are some stains left, now sprinkling only on those areas and vacuuming again can help. How to clean fabric sofa using natural materials like baking soda doesn’t 100% remove stains. There will be some deep stains and persistent ones left.
How to Clean Fabric Sofa with Vinegar?
Next on how to clean your fabric sofa at home is to do it with vinegar solution. Vinegar solution in experience works better than baking soda but is more cumbersome to do. Here’s how to clean fabric sofa with vinegar:
- First, get ¾ cup of warm water. This water should not be too warm. It should be just enough to be able to soften the stains on your sofa surface.
- Next, get ¼ cup of vinegar and mix it into the water. It’s just regular vinegar you get from grocery stores and is often available at home.
- Also, for this how to clean fabric sofa tip, add in 1 tablespoon of dish soap. This should help with clearing the stain out.
- Now, apply this solution on the surface area where there are stains. Remember, this method may make some parts of your sofa look lighter in color than others.
- Rub gently with your hands. Wear gloves if needed and lift excessive liquid out with a dry clean cloth. Leave the rest to dry off.
How to clean fabric couch by yourself is easy with these two methods. How to clean fabric sofa naturally with nothing but baking soda and vinegar can be done just like mentioned. However, both these methods will not provide professional results and sparking clean fabric furniture upholstery.
Pro Sofa Clean Is Here to Help
For fabric sofas and couches that are covered with persistent oils, grimes, tea/coffee stains and/or food spills, you need professionals. Also, baby or pet secretions can leave lots of unwanted odors on your couch. This is where Pro Sofa Clean provides the remedies you need. How to clean fabric sofa with advanced equipment including steamers is something that professionals do best.
Professional Fabric Sofa Steam Cleaning
Pro Sofa Clean has advanced fabric sofa steam cleaning equipment. How to clean fabric sofa with steamer is easy and can be done in minutes. We send out our team of professionals with advanced steam cleaning equipment. Our experts apply the steamers in a tried and tested way on the fabric upholstery. Comprehensive stain removal and deodorization for fabric sofas is available with our professional service at your doorstep.
Best Fabric Sofa Cleaning Results
Our best way to clean your fabric sofa delivers great results. 100% stain removal including the most persistent dried out stains is available. Our professional sofa steam cleaning service ensures proper stain removal and all unwanted materials removal. Proper odor removal with freshness restoration are also the results of our professional service. How to cleaning fabric sofa with steamer equipment doesn’t get better than our service in and around Sydney.