How to Remove Nail Polish Stain from Sofa Upholstery
Sofas, couches, chairs and other furniture items are very important for home and commercial interiors. To keep these clean and tidy is an ongoing challenge. However, sofas and couches are all too well known to pick up so many different stains. Nail polish stains are some of the hardiest to get rid of and easiest to get on your sofa upholstery. To remove nail polish stain from sofa upholstery Lane Cove, you need special methods and techniques.
Ultimately, nail polish is something that gets used while sitting on those sofas and couches. So, it is all too easy to get some on the upholstery. However, certain upholstery types are particularly hard to get rid of nail polish. To remove nail polish stain, you can either call professional help. Pro Sofa Clean in and around Sydney, provide quick reliable sofa stain removal of all kinds. However, we have a specialist guide that can help you get rid of nail polish stains from sofa upholstery.
Step by Step Guide to Remove Nail Polish Stain from Sofa Upholstery
When done properly, most nail polish stains from sofa upholstery can be removed with this guide below. However, some nail polish stains are harder to remove than others. Also, some fabric types are harder to perform complete stain removal on than others as well.
- Step 1: Treat the nail polish stain when fresh. Scoop up whatever you can while the stain is still wet. Longer it is left to set in, harder it will become to take out completely.
- Step 2: Now you will need some paper towel to blot the stain. Blot it gently until you have no more nail polish left on the upholstery. However, make sure to do this gently. Harsh blotting can also discolor some types of sofa upholstery as well.
- Step 3: Use a not so sharp knife or the back of a spoon leg to scrape off that dried nail polish residue. Remove nail polish stain with patience. Go very slow without causing any damage to the upholstery at all. Take your time and get as much out as you possibly can.
- Step 4: Now, get a clean rag or colorless cloth. Pour some non-oily nail polish remove on it. You can also use rubbing alcohol here. Wipe the stain with the rag with remover solution on it. Do not pour the remover liquid or rubbing alcohol directly on the nail polish stain on upholstery. Keep repeating the process until your rag or cloth isn’t soaked with nail polish. It is best to give this a try on a hidden part of your sofa. This will provide the surety that your sofa upholstery will not get damaged or lose color with the solution.
- Step 5: Now, make yourself some dishwashing solution with mild detergent and lukewarm water. Make sure to keep the detergent percentage very low. This solution should be very watery with hardly any detergent in it. Make sure to use a dishwashing solution that doesn’t have any bleach or lanolin at all.
- Step 6: Now use another dry clean ran and soak it in this watery solution. Smudge the stained part with the rag. You will remove nail polish stain from sofa upholstery patiently. This step is required to clear off that acetone and any remaining bits of nail polish. Go ahead and use a clean paper towel to dry off the area once everything is off the upholstery. Repeat the process of needed. Also, make sure to take off as much liquid with that paper towel as possible.
- Step 7: Next, you will need to get as much of everything on that stained portion as possible. Use clean warm water on the previously stained part. Sprinkle some warm water on it and rinse ever so softly. Remember to be gentle.
- Finally – Once all of the stain is out, make sure to place multiple layers of clean paper towel on that wet area. Weigh down the paper towels using some not too heavy objects. Make sure everything that touches the upholstery is super clean. This will absorb excess moisture from that previously stained portion.
Once you remove nail polish stain completely, make sure to let the sofa dry off completely as well. It is best to let fresh air do the trick and not direct sunlight. Remove Nail Polish Stain from Sofa Upholstery. Don’t leave the sofa under direct sunlight. Open the room windows to let in fresh air. If done correctly, you should have a super clean sofa upholstery to work with again.
Still Not Satisfied? Call the Experts to Remove Nail Polish Stains from Sofa
This is a tried and tested method of removing nail polish from sofa. While it works about 80-90% of the time, some stains might be harder to get out. In this case, you might need experts to do the job for you. Pro Sofa Clean is a trusted stain removal expert in and around Sydney.
We have advanced sofa steam cleaning solutions that ensure proper stain removal for all kinds of upholstery. Our professional sofa cleaning experts make sure your couch upholstery is good as new in no time. We offer same day sofa cleaning anywhere in and around Sydney.
Our service provides leather sofa cleaning and also fabric sofa cleaning in Sydney. So, why have anything less than perfect when you can get complete sofa stain removal? We provide nail polish and all other sofa stain removal service at your doorstep any time you need.
Why Keeping Your Sofa Stain Free Matters?
About 47% of sofas and couches get thrown out and replaced just because of having too many stains. Money waste and lots of natural materials waste are inevitably the results of this. Remove Nail Polish Stain from Sofa Upholstery So, you are always better with getting complete sofa stain removal.
Get professionals to remove nail polish stain from sofa upholstery at affordable prices instead. Remove Nail Polish Stain from Sofa Upholstery. This will save you money and a lot of natural materials in the process as well. Also, not every one can find the time to replace their sofas. Get quick sofa stain removal instead.