How to Keep Upholstery Clean for Longer?
Did you just get new sofas or have your existing sofas cleaned by professionals? The first thought that comes to mind is how to keep that upholstery clean for longer. Like all fabrics or other materials, upholstery is so easy to dust and dirty up. Since people are always using sofas, upholstery can get dirty and stained even quicker. All you need to do is to ignore your sofa for some days. It will get those unwanted stains, odors, and whatnot. So, how do keep upholstery clean for longer?
When you get a new sofa or get your upholstery cleaned, it is super easy to stain it up again quickly. You must think of ways to avoid this from happening. Of course, you can always schedule sofa upholstery cleaning in Sydney with Pro Sofa Clean. However, keeping upholstery looking neat for longer should always be a priority. We have some professional tips on how to keep your upholstery looking clean for longer. Read below to find out more:
The Need for Professional Upholstery Cleaning
Have you ever had to replace your sofas just because the upholstery clean for longer is too stained, odor filled, and dusty? This is a very real problem that causes many sofas and couches to lose their charm. In fact, almost 40% of sofa replacements in Australia are premature and caused by upholstery looking dull.
Buying a new set of sofas for the home, office or any other setting can be quite expensive. Also, a professional sofa cleaning visit will cost you some as well although only a fraction of new sofa prices. If only, you could keep your upholstery clean for longer, it will save all these unwanted expenditures.
How to Keep Upholstery Clean After Getting Professional Cleaning on It?
So, how can you keep your sofa upholstery clean for long just after you get it cleaned by professionals? For starters, you need to look at the reasons your upholstery clean for longer gets dirty and stained so quickly. Here are some tips that can help last that cleaning job for longer:
- Regular Dusting for Upholstery – Firstly, dust and dust stains are some of the worst for sofa upholstery. These can quickly destroy the outlook of your clean sofa. What happens is dust settles on the sofa upholstery. Fabric sofas and suede ones are particularly dust pulling where dust settles in fabric pores. Once the dust settles, it can quickly turn into smudges and stains having any form of liquid or moisture on it. Moisture from the body can be quite enough for the job. Make sure to dust off your upholstery clean for longer regularly to keep it clean for longer.
- Cover Sofa Arm Rest and Slipcovers – What is the worst spot for sofa upholstery to stain up and look dull? You’ll be surprised how many sofas get stained on their armrests. This is so because all those oils from the hands transfer to the fabric or leather surfaces. Also, liquid spills including drinks and others are often on these arm rests as well. The best solution is to cover the upholstery clean for longer armrest with slipcovers. These may make your sofa lose its overall finish. However, matching color slipcovers are also available that almost disappear while still being on the armrests. A simple replacement of the armrest slipcover can save your time, money, and effort.
- Deodorize Upholstery Regularly – Another very common sofa upholstery problem is odor and unwanted smells. Fabric, suede, and leather upholstery is always very likely to hold on to bacteria and odor-producing materials. These could make your sofas lose the purpose of offering comfort and peacetime. Sofa upholstery smelling bad is one of the most common reasons for early replacements. You need to deodorize your upholstery clean for longer regularly to keep it going for longer periods of time. Vinegar solution often works well for sofa upholstery deodorization. Make sure to test a back or hidden part of the sofa before you move onto the frontal portion.
- Use Upholstery Scotchgard – Scotchgard is a great option to keep stains and unwanted materials away from your upholstery. It is a plasticizing agent that forms an additional layer of protection on sofa upholstery whether it is fabric or leather. Scotchgard can be applied yourself. Or alternatively, you can have it applied at the end of your professional sofa cleaning service. Pro Sofa Clean can offer professional cleaning and also Scotchgard application any time. This will help your upholstery from staining up keeping it clean for a long time. Of course, there is a time and usage limitations with it. But it is well worth the effort.
- Treat and Clean Stains When They Are Fresh – Dried out upholstery stains are the worst when it comes to removing them. Oils, grimes and sauces in particular get quite hard upon drying up. You can do much better by treating stains when they are still fresh. Use your upholstery clean for longer cleaning solutions on fresh still wet stains. These stains can be removed easier before they dry out. however, make sure to not smudge stains up.
- Cover Sofas When on Holiday or Away – Another great little tip to stop your sofa upholstery clean for longer from getting dust covered is to cover it up with other fabrics when not in use. Home sofas can be easily covered with fabric sheets. Those in the lounge can be covered when you are not in the room using them. Easy dusting of the fabric can solve the problem keeping sofas dust free for longer periods of time.
Pro Sofa Clean Can Help!
Looking for that professional sofa cleaner that can help get the freshness back for your sofas and couches in Sydney? Pro Sofa Clean is a service provider you can trust. We have years of experience shining sofa upholsteries bright. We help clean leather sofas and also fabric or suede upholsteries in Sydney. Book your appointment today and get rid of all kinds of sofa stains, odors, allergens and any other external materials that you don’t want on upholstery. We are available any day of the week just a phone call away from cleaning your sofas perfectly.