How to Get Pee Smell Out of Couch at Home
If you have kids or pets in the house, you’d know how relentless and unwanted pee smell can be. Even the best trained pets can sometimes lose patience and wet where they are not supposed to. Same goes for children under 5 years old. Pee smell in couches, loungers, sofas and chairs is very common in houses with infants and pets. So, how to get pee smell out of couch?
Of course, anyone would tell you to get a professional service. When you prefer to do the process at home, things are different. Also, there are techniques that can help get dog pee smell out of couch right at home. Dog pee is of course the worst and longest lasting. So, read below and find out how to get pee smell out of couch:
How Pee Smell Gets in Your Couch
Urine and pee from children under the age of 5 and pets can basically end up anywhere. Any surfaces they can get on can be potential pee targets. Sofas and couches even more so. Since these are soft and very cushy, pets and children will spend most of their time on them.
Hence, the chance of peeing on your sofas and couches increases. Naturally, pee or urine is a waste by living beings. It contains lots of odor and allergy producing bacteria. Uric salts that are not easily broken down, tend to leave bad stains. Just about everything else leaves smells and odors you never want.
How to Get Pee Out of Couch?
When looking to remove urine smell from couch, you need to treat the affected area as needed. Follow our steps below to know how to get pee out of couch:
- Step 1: If the pee is on a cushion of your sofas or couches, separate it from the rest. This will be easier to do on couches and loungers that have separated cushions.
- Step 2: If you catch the pee stain fresh, use a thick paper towel or any old rag to soak whatever it can. Some experts believe that leaving dirty towels on the particular spot where pets go to their business, can be a good insurance. Pets almost always like to pee in new places without any smells or odors.
- Step 3: The best thing to do is to check your cleaning product on a hidden section of your couch. How to get urine smell out of couch after it has dried or still wet with solutions, can leave chemical stains as well.
- Step 4: Now, mix a 1 to 3 vinegar and water solution. Get this solution in a spray bottle that is easy to handle. Spray the mixture in good amount on top of the stained area. Vinegar also helps disinfect the fabric, leather or whatever material your couch is made of. If the stain is fairly fresh, you will not need much of the mixture.
How to Get Urine Smell Out of Couch After It Has Dried?
- When the urine from a pet or child has dried completely, you have a different problem on your hands. You will need to spray the water vinegar mixture quite a bit more. This will be needed to rewet the urine stain.
- Step 5: When looking for how to get pee smell out of couch, you also need to worry about all those odor producing bacteria. After spraying the water vinegar solution, get Bi-Carb Soda and sprinkle it nicely on the wet area. This will help remove pee odors. Also, leave the Bi-Carb for few hours and then vacuum it off completely. It should lift quite easily from the couch upholstery.
This should remove most light pee stains from children or pet urine. However, depending on the amount of it and the upholstery materials, it is not unusual to have some left. You will need some quality enzymatic cleaner to remove urine smell from couch and its stain completely.
What If You Cannot Remove Urine Smell from Couch Completely!
Some sofa and couch materials kind of hold urine stains quite badly. So, how to get pee smell out of couch completely? Well, when you have tried just about anything and nothing seems to be doing a satisfactory job, you will need expert help. Pro Sofa Clean Sydney and all its surroundings in NSW, offer same day quality sofa cleaning Sydney service.
We can help remove urine smell from couch along with its persistent stain. Our Sofa Cleaning Sydney service helps get dog pee smell out of couch in no time. Our tried and tested child and pet pee stain and smell removal solutions break down the pee salts quickly. Get your sofas and couches looking good as new and smell fresh anywhere in Sydney on any day of the week. Call now to find out more.
Our Professional Couch Pee Smell Removal Includes
- We have advanced color test options where we ensure that our treatment will not make the fabric or sofa leathers lose their color at all.
- Our advanced moisture detection equipment also tells us exactly where the problem is. This tells us exactly how to get pee smell out of couch and where it may be living.
- We have industrial strength vacuums that will just pick up anything that doesn’t belong on your sofas and couches.
- A full odor removing solution is then injected via industrial equipment right into the inner materials of the couch or sofa. This helps break down all those uric salts in pee or urine.
- A pre-spray solution is than applied that contains antibacterial and sanitizing properties. This will help get rid of all the bacteria on top.
- Then, we apply a strong upholstery cleaning spray that removes all kinds of odors producing bacteria, fungi and germs attached.